The Internet is going crazy about some random number (and it’s not 23).
Apparently, typing out an hexadecimal value will get you killed / deleted / censored / jailed / destroyed / ignored / access to HD-DVD content. It goes something like:
09 F9 11 02. But it also has
9D 74 E3 5B in it. Maybe
D8 41 56 somewhere too.
C5 63 56 may or may not have something to do with it. I will give away that it ends with
88 C0 tho.
Anyway, Digg is going nuts. Moderators are constantly deleting any article about this number. They are even deleting irrelevant posts to cover up their censoring tracks. However, they seem to forget that this is the Internet.
Articles about The Number (growing):
- Spread this number now. Article is deleted! Mirror here. Picture here and here.
- Slashdot does not censor the number. Thank you!
- Censorship 5. 70 diggs in 7 minutes!
- Wikipedia censors the number. You cannot create the page anymore.
- Free binary translation.
May 1st: the day Digg died. (User got deleted.) lnxaddct made a nice remark:
Is this a violation of the DMCA too? MDkgRjkgMTEgMDIgOUQgNzQgRTMgNUIgRDggNDEgNTYgQzUgNjMgNTYgODggQzA=n
- The number.
- Freedom of speech.
- Digg is dugg.
And it’s growing every second…
- Another article on rudd-o.
- Also: Google is full with the stuff.
- February 13th! Wired blog posts the key.
- Reddit also seems to have no problem with the key.
- Explanation about the key at Doom9.
- igul222 also has a nice list about the number.
Let’s see how this ends. I wonder how Rose will talk his way out of this.