Here are some links I found to be interesting the past few days:
- Google acquires YouTube. This didn’t exactly came as a surprise.
“Insults - they just don’t make them as they used to” - via Reluctant Nomad, a great post with - indeed - some great “insults”. For example:
He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts…for support rather than illumination. — Andrew Lang
“How to create professional HDR images” - via Backing Winds.
- No silver bullet, by Brooks. I had to read this last year in an “informatics” class and saw it mentioned on Delicious. It still is a good read.
- 10 Windows Explorer alternatives compared and reviewed. A lot of people I know love Total Commander.
- Hacking Web 2.0 applications with Firefox.
- Lifehacker special: Practice your personal Kaizen.
- The 7 worst fonts. I fully agree. Especially with number one.
- Kevin Tiell photographs pinball games.
- Social bookmarking icons. So that’s where you found them! A great list.
- Have some fun with these Unicode block elements. Or even better: use this.
- Lazarus review. (Also: an Ubuntu .deb of Lazarus in multi/uni-verse would be really nice… pretty please?)
- How the immune system avoids attacking itself.
- Software startup myths debunked.
- Samsung is doing very well these days and is about to release a 10 Megapixel phone.
- Free classical music.
- The top 100 NES games — ever.
- A woman drawn from inside out. A well-done animation.
- 10 techniques to get more comments on your blog.
- What happens if you stop smoking now?
- Warhammer RPG article (in German).
- Original Transformers movie, with original adverts too.
- Google Docs & Spreadsheets launches, completing the integration between Writely and Spreadsheets. A few days before, I was wondering when this would happen. I’m out. Stay tuned for more posts.